Fence Salesperson and Estimator
Dakota Fence, a growing fence company in the Midwest, is seeking a full-time fence salesperson and estimator for its Fargo, North Dakota office.
This salesperson and estimating position will meet with residential homeowners, commercial businesses and government agencies who have requested an estimate. The salesperson and estimator will be expected to understand what the customer is looking for in a fence solution, explain the various fence options that are best suited for that fence solution, explain the differences between competing products and companies, and then prepare a winning and profitableestimate for the customer. This person will work closely with our fence coordinators, administrative assistants and other team members. The successful candidate will have a desire to win, work with a high sense of urgency and develop new business with a personal touch to create a positive customer experience.
The principal job duties of this position are to:
- Provide fence estimates to customers that request an appointment.
- Meet with customers to measure their yard/site for the fence, understand the customer’s desired fence solution, guide the customer through the various fence options that will best solve their fencing need and provide an estimate.
- Explain the differences between competing products and companies.
- Maintains calendar of appointments and manages call-backs log to follow-up through conclusion of sale or reason for loss.
- Work on marketing campaigns and home shows to generate new business.
- Promote a favorable image of Dakota Fence, internally and externally.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Understand the local market and identify growth opportunities.
- Construction or a related industry knowledge and experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills and ability to produce professional proposals.
- Well organized, attention to detail, multi-task, work with a high sense of urgency and ability to learn products quickly.
- Strong technology and math skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Computer experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be helpful.
- Experience with bids and estimating preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Competitive pay (based on experience) and benefits package, including health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, cell phone, Microsoft Surface and vehicle for use while estimating. Apply online at www.dakotafence.com. This is an internal and external posting. EOE-Disabled Vets.