Dakota Fence Company is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant – AP & Financial Analyst for its Fargo, North Dakota office.
Dakota Fence Company is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant – AP & Financial Analyst for its Fargo, North Dakota office. The Senior Accountant – AP & Financial Analyst manages the payables systems and processes of the organization, assuring accurate and timely payments for all vendors.The successful candidate must be willing and able to address transactional needs of the entire procure-to-pay process, while also understanding and growing in the broader accounting functions of the organization across all areas.
The principal job duties of this position are to:
- Management of payables processes, including entry of invoices, routing for approval, and matching invoices to receipts in the ERP system.
- Implementation, improvement, and enforcement of entity policies surrounding purchase order creation, payment approvals and timing.
- Verification of approvals on expense distributions.
- Creation of payment runs, including ACH and check file generation.
- Management and closing of entity purchase orders.
- Administration and reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Calculation and creation of journal entries to support month-end processes.
- Assistance with annual budget preparation, including forecasting cash needs.
- Weekly cash position and requirements reporting.
- Assistance with monthly financial analysis, including variance reporting and cash needs.
- Primary administrative contact for company phones.
- Assistance with related entity accounting, reconciliation, and payments.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated strong technology and computer skills required.
- Construction or related industry knowledge and experience preferred.
- Active CPA license, or willingness/ability to pursue, will be favored.
- Relevant professional certifications, including payables certifications are beneficial.
- Organizational abilities to track multiple deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Competitive pay (based on experience) and benefits package, including health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing. This is an internal and external posting. EOE-Disabled Vets.