Laborer/Foreman in Training
Dakota Fence Company is seeking full-time Laborer/Foreman Trainees for its offices in Bismarck, Fargo, Minot and Williston, ND.
The Laborer/Foreman in Training will perform a variety of tasks including installing fence, highway guardrail, signs, permanent playground structures and some temporary traffic control. The successful candidate will have the demeanor to perform a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis while maintaining a positive attitude. Candidates will be placed in the fence, traffic control or playground division based on current company needs and can elect to pursue available Foreman positions upon completion of basic training. Your future starts today at Dakota Fence Company!
The principal job duties of this position are to:
- Assist the Foreman in all aspects of fence, guardrail, permanent sign, or playground installations, as well as setting up traffic control zones.
- Maintain excellent customer service and always put forth a positive company image.
- Prepare the job site for installation, which may include digging holes and mixing concrete.
- Load and unload tools, materials and equipment.
- Operate various hand and power tools, skid steers, air hammers and/or forklifts.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Follow all safety and environmental policies of Dakota Fence.
- No experience necessary. Prior fence, traffic control, playground installation or construction experience a plus.
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer combination.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good overall interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a favorable driving record. Dakota Fence is a drug free workplace. Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check if offered a positon. Some travel may be required and will vary based on workload.
Competitive benefits package including health, 401(k) and profit sharing. Apply online @ www.dakotafence.com or in person. This is an internal and external posting. EOE-Disabled/Vets