Sign Shop Production Worker (Full-Time 1pm – 9pm) - Fargo
Standard work hours are 1:00 p.m. working through 9:00 p.m.
Dakota Fence, together with 3D Specialties and Dakota Playground, is a growing specialty contractor primarily involved in residential/commercial fence, highway guardrail, fabrication, and commercial playground construction as well as traffic control services. We provide services to homeowners, commercial businesses, and government entities. Our dedicated employees (our “Blue Family”) work from four facilities throughout ND and service five states, with a wider retail presence through our sign manufacturing and distribution businesses. As an employer of choice in the area, we invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our Blue Family team members a great working environment and career while delivering the best possible value to our customers. EOE-Disabled/Vets.
The Sign Shop Production Worker will manufacture traffic control and specialty signs, fill retail orders and load/unload freight. Standard work hours are 1:00 p.m. working through 9:00 p.m.
- Manufacture traffic control and specialty signs
- Shearing/punching aluminum
- Sign detailing via Screen printing/digital printing/vinyl lettering
- Maintain a neat orderly Sign Shop and lot
- Pull retail sales material as requested
- Assist 3D managers with quarterly inventory
- Organize/pull/package/ship all material sales orders
- Load/Unload freight trucks as needed
- Assist in other areas as needed - have basic knowledge of the yard layout
- May occasionally operate a Forklift
- Participate in weekly Sign Shop meetings (safety/training, workload/deadlines, product education/knowledge, etc.)
- Other tasks as defined by the Sign Shop Foreman or 3D Management
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Prior experience in a sign manufacturing shop and knowledge of graphic design software a plus.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Organizational skills to maintain work orders and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, with strong public relations skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Experience with Microsoft office products, (i.e. Word/Excel)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Competitive wages and benefits package, including health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, vacation and holiday pay.