Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator – Fargo, Bismarck, Minot or Williston, ND
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for administering all aspects of the company’s environmental health & safety programs, policies, and procedures at all of its branches.
Dakota Fence, together with 3D Specialties, Sign Solutions USA, Dakota Playground and Park & Play USA, is a growing specialty contractor primarily involved in residential/commercial fence, highway guardrail, fabrication, and commercial playground construction as well as traffic control services. We provide services to homeowners, commercial businesses, and government entities. Our dedicated employees (our “Blue Family”) work from four facilities throughout ND and service five states, with a wider retail presence through our sign manufacturing and distribution businesses. As an employer of choice in the area, we invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our Blue Family team members a great working environment and career while delivering the best possible value to our customers. EOE-Disabled/Vets.
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for administering all aspects of the company’s environmental health & safety programs, policies, and procedures at all of its branches. This position is also responsible for backing up the EHS Manager in his/her absence. This position works closely with all management, hourly employees, prime contractors, sub-contractors, and customers to assure that a culture of safety is established and maintained as each employee goes about their daily tasks. Finally, this position serves as management’s eyes and ears in the field to capture, develop, and share best practices that improve both our safety and overall efficiency.
· Maintains current knowledge of all EHS regulations that impact the company including OSHA, AGC, ND Safety Council, etc.
· Develops, plans, and leads company safety meetings and new employee safety orientations.
· Qualifies drivers for our company vehicles.
· Assesses the effectiveness of all safety programs, policies, procedures, PPE, etc.
· Manages the medical care process associated with employee injuries. Manages all aspects of our WSI relationship.
· Leads CPR, first aid, AED and other relevant training.
· Conducts incident investigations (including near misses) to find and permanently correct root causes of accidents.
· Tracks and reports on safety incident rates including those required to be reported to various contractor or customer organizations. This includes completing all prime contractor safety questionnaires.
· Provides safety and risk counsel as required for specific bid proposals.
· Leads the safety committees.
· Purchases safety & environmental supplies & equipment.
· Coordinates emergency safety plans and procedures including evacuation, rescue, hazmat, fire suppression, active shooter, etc.
· Develops, updates, and otherwise maintains all safety documentation including JSA’s, safety manuals, employee handbook, and other safety related documentation.
· Performs various other functions as necessary.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Minimum of two (2) years of directly related EHS experience or equivalent education. Excellent Microsoft Excel are required. Experience with construction ERP systems, including Vista is a plus. 2-year degree preferred.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Organizational abilities to track multiple deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Self-motivation and desire to continually improve.
- Great computer software aptitude is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Competitive pay (based on experience) and benefits package, including health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, holiday pay and profit sharing. This is an internal and external posting. EOE-Disabled Vets. Please apply via the company web page at www.dakotafence.comunder Careers, or complete a company application and submit it to Melissa Osland, HR via email at email@example.com.